Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10/19

Today was a slow and laid back day.  No game to play today.  The day started with breakfast with my new friend Nandi.  She is like me, here as a single mom to support her son competing in Tae Kwon Do here. She is from India but has been in Canada since she was a little girl.  The 2015 Pan Am Games will be in her home town of Toronto - can't wait.  After breakfast I took the taxi to the athlete village.  It is interesting to ride in a taxi when the driver speaks ZERO  English.  I just point a lot and give them the map of where I need to go.  At the village Lauryn took me for a tour of where the athlete's live and I was able to relax in her room.  It is so fun to walk around and see all the athletes from different companies and different sports.  During Lauryn's team morning job, they saw the US synchronized team practicing at the pool in the village.  SOOOOO cool she said.  :)  After lunch with her in the dinning hall, I took a taxi back to the hotel for my afternoon siesta.  :)  This evening, I walked around the neighborhood near my hotel.  The architecture here is so cool.  Tomorrow will be touring and the game against Mexico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment