Monday, October 24, 2011

10/22 Last Day here :(

The last 12 hours have been crazy.  The third fist fight within the team broke out this time in Lauryn's room and the team manager even got hit.  I was not there and Lauryn stayed out of it - good for her.  The team was really divided and got very little sleep.  I arrived at the village at 7:20 to eat with Lauryn and then to catch the bus to the stadium with her.  Her father and his wife joined us and that went well.  We helped out down in the locker area for a bit and then went up to watch the game.  Unfortunately, the team was exhausted and not functioning as a team and we lost to Chile 0-3.  Ouch!!!  We did not even right the bus back with them to the village.  Lauryn did not even get to play in this game yet those in the fight did.  Hmmmmm - interesting.  Lots of politics going on here.  I ate lunch with Lauryn and then took off for touring.  Here is where life got really adventurous for me.  I took a bus to the city, then transferred to the subway (yes someone who spoke English showed me how to navigate the subway, then I walked 8 blocks or more to the tour bus site to buy tickets and then rode the double decker on the tour.  How fascinating to see the city from that view.  We stooped in small town and I did some shopping.  I was so proud of myself for doing this.  The people of Guadalajara are so wonderful, warm and helpful.  After the tour, I travelled back to the village and hung out with Lauryn and her team eating Burger King and doing a bit more shopping in the village.  What an incredibly long day but oh so rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment